- COVID precautions below are updated as of March 2021. These are subject to change as new information is relayed from NY State and the CDC.
- The safety of your child(ren) is our focus while we create a place for them to create, explore, and have fun. Below is everything we are doing to make sure Art Strong remains a safe place you feel comfortable having your child explore for a class or camp. You will also find our policies regarding cases, quarentines, and contact tracing.
*We are limiting our class and camp sizes to a maximum of 10 children. Our tables will be spaced 6 feet apart and we are following social distancing requirements. *
- Masks are required for all educators, students age 3+, and adults picking up/dropping off.
- Children will be given “mask breaks” during snack and lunch. When weather allows and we have a break outside, children will be permitted a mask break as well.
Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
- We will take temperatures each day at the beginning of the camp or class session and temperatures will be recorded. If any child has a 100.0 fever they will not be permitted to stay for class/camp. If a child develops a fever or feels ill while at the studio, a parent/guardian is required to pick up within 1 hour and will be isolated from the group until the caretaker arrives.
- All students entering the studio must wash their hands prior to the start of class/camp. Frequent hand washing breaks are planned throughout the day.
- Adults will no longer be allowed to wait inside the studio. During pickup, we ask that you wait outside the studio on the sidewalk. We will bring your child out to you at the end of the session with all of their belongings.
Cleaning and Sanitizing Protocols
- Children will all be given their own supplies to use during the camp or class session. All other supplies will be cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- All surfaces and any shared materials will be wiped down and sanitized after each class.
COVID Symptoms & Quarantines
- Any child exhibiting COVID-like symptoms must stay home and either show a negative test result from their health care provider before returning to class or camp, or isolate for 10 days and be fever free for 72 hrs without medication.
- If a child has been in direct contact with a COVID-19 positive person (family member, sibling, friend, etc), they must stay home from class for at least 10 days.
- If an Art Strong staff member tests positive, all families will be notified immediately, the studio will be shut down and deep cleaned, and remain closed until all staff members test negative.
Refunds and Credits
- If a child has to miss a week of camp due to COVID infection or exposure, you can switch to a different week of camp (space permitting)
- There are no refunds given for missed camp days/weeks for any reason.
- If the studio needs to close due to a staff exposure or case, a credit towards another week of camp will be issued.